Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Don't Wear A T-Shirt To The Presidential Mansion


My friend Chris Neyor is the Energy Advisor to President Sirleaf-Johnson. That means he's on the cabinet, goes to meetings with her and foreign dignitaries, and stuff like that. So yesterday he picks me up at the hotel and says that we're going to dinner and to see his office. So I ask, should I change? He says, yeah, I'm takin you to the Presidential Mansion so you can't wear a t-shirt. So I changed. It was the least I could do. He was telling me about meetings he'd gone to with Tony Blair, meeting Chris Tucker at some event, and stuff like that. It was pretty cool.

The actual mansion caught on fire 2 years ago and is under repair, so he took me to some other goverment building that's the temporary mansion site. Their version of the White House is actuallya 5 story high rise that's kind of modern looking. Chris' office is pretty small but it is a temporary location. He usually travels with the Liberian president all over the world, but this week he begged off so he just happened to be here while I was here. He used to live in Plano and is a member of our Sunday School class.

No comments: